Homebound, the space survival VR game will launch next week!
Homebound is set for release on HTC Vive and Oculus Rift via Steam, February 16.
Homebound is developed by Quixel, known for creating cutting edge graphic technologies for film and game studios world-wide.
In Homebound, players take the role of an astronaut in a ship which is struck by disaster, spiraling out of control towards Earth. Their mission is to escape the ship, relying on the ship’s AI for guidance and on their nerves of steel to survive the ordeal.
Homebound aims to give players a great space survival experience laced with gorgeous realistic graphics in VR. Homebound’s art style is inspired on real-life environments: the in-game spacecraft is inspired on both the SpaceX’s Dragon module and the International Space Station. Homebound will offer players an opportunity to experience parts of NASA and SpaceX crafts, in beautiful detailed VR, in ways that only astronauts have ever been able to previously experience.
Full Game Features:
- VR Compatibility: Both HTC Vive and Oculus Rift support
- Motion Controller/Gamepad/Mouse+Keyboard Support: Play however you like
- Three Beautiful Environments: Experience Deep Space, Earth’s atmosphere & Earth
- Intense Gameplay: Not for the faint-hearted, perfect for parties or a daring break from reality
- Free-roam Mode: Fly around and explore the environments at your own pace
- Built with Unreal Engine 4: VR has never been more beautiful
For more information, visit the official Steam game page.