Cardfight!! Vanguard – Rarity guide
As in many cardgames you will find cards that have a different rarity than others. The rarity system of Cardfight!! Vanguard is a very simple one but might require a little extra information for those who are new to the game.
To check the rarity of your cards, you will have to take a look at the bottom left corner of the card. You will see the set name and the corresponding number of the card in the set. Next to it you will find the following letters to see which rarity your card has:
- C, stands for common and will be worth next to nothing.
- R, stands for rare and you will always have a card of at least this rarity in 1 booster pack.
- RR, stands for double rare and you will only be able to find 5 of these per entire booster box. (which is a 5/30 ratio)
- RRR, stands for triple rare and you will only be able to find 3 of these per entire booster box.
- SP, stands for special. SP can be a card of the previous mentioned rarities (except common) but has a different kind of foil, thus being worth more.
Each normal booster box contains 30 booster packs. Amongst these packs you will find 3 RRR, 5RR and 22 R cards. The ‘extra booster’ boxes will only contain 15 booster packs with a ratio of 1 RRR, 3 RR and 11 R cards.
Sets 16 and 17 introduced the LR (Legion rare) which was even more desired than the earlier mentioned SP cards. When a LR came out of a booster pack, the Legion Mate which corresponds with the LR was also provided in LR form.
Our new guide for the G sets is now live as well. Be sure to check it out by clicking here.